Breaking News

'Roger Federer, Nadal, Djokovic have showed everything' - Carreno Busta

In an interview, Pablo Carreno Busta praised the Big Three players' consistency. "They are unbelievable", admitted the Spaniard. "Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic showed everything and the Next Gen players are coming in a very strong way and someone achieved important wins but they are tennis players who are not at the same level as Big Three yet. The mid-generation already showed some things more than the Next Gen. It's beautiful because two very different generations get combined, but between the Big Three and the Next Gen you have a lot of years of difference and there are very important players you will speak of."

He spoke highly of David Ferrer too: "David is an example for all the younger guys. For me he was a very big example, we are close friends and I lived a lot of experiences with him. I have to be very grateful for everything he did for me, but especially for tennis. It's a pity that he leaves this world, but hopefully, we can keep having him close to us because just seeing him is an inspiration for everyone."

Carreno Busta commented on the 15-year-old Carlos Alcaraz Garfia who won his maiden Challenger match in Murcia this month. "I know him", said Carreno Busta. "We trained together several times in Villena. He is young and he plays very well, but it's a long way to go and you have to be careful. I am coming from a generation where everyone got compared to Rafa Nadal and a very few people broke through. The comparisons are always bad and, if you do them with Rafa, even more. Carlos is very promising but you have to be careful, there are still a lot of things to learn and steps to make little by little." On how it felt to compete again in Barcelona, Carreno Busta added: "Playing at home is always special. I am very willing after a two-month break. I am doing well. The practice sessions I had, went very well. The competition is a different thing, with the pressure and adrenaline, but I believe I am prepared, 100 per cent recovered. The most important thing now is to head into a competition rhythm and lose this fear that stays inside you a bit. I had set some goals at the beginning of the year, but after the injury, I believe that achieving them will be difficult."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2VAATbX

No comments