Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'No one knows what to expect from me on clay'

In an interview to ABC, Roger Federer was asked what he expects from the clay season. The Swiss has not been competing on the surface since 2016 Rome. "You, myself, my team... No one knows what to expect from me on clay. It can be something very good or nothing. Anything can happen but expectations are low. Basically because regardless of how well I trained on clay, things are different and miracles do not happen. I am ready but now if I am ready enough", said the 37-year-old.

He is also excited to be back in the French Open: "I do not know all the changes and the way Paris evolved over the last years either. Especially the last one, I may have taken the decision not to play there very early and I barely followed it, I just saw some matches by Marco Cecchinato. I had no news about the roof on the Central Court or that the No. 2 court was no longer there, that the No. 1 Court will not be there anymore and that another court will be built... I learned all of this over the last few weeks. I will feel younger in heading to the French Open, like if it was a new event for me. I have a strong desire."

Federer belongs to the exclusive longevity club that features the 40-year-old Valentino Rossi and 41-year-old Gianluigi Buffon. Asked about his relationship with those two Italian athletes, Federer replied: "I have the telephone number of both of them but we do not share any WhatsApp call. When they do amazing things, they do that quite often, I would like to call them but I am afraid I could bother them. Francesco Totti is great too, I like the idea of getting inspired each other, cheering one for each other being far away."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2H7Fo5D

No comments