Breaking News

Serena Williams and husband, Maria Sharapova attend Met Gala in New York

A lot of tennis stars attended the Met Gala in New York. Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova stunned the stage on Monday, 6th May. 

Sharapova is sidelined with a shoulder injury, she has already withdrawn from the French Open and she may not play in the French Open either. Serena will soon fly to Europe to compete in Rome to prepare ahead of the French Open.

In a press conference in Madrid Naomi Osaka commented on the Met Gala: "Someone told me Rihanna was going to be there but she wasn't (laughing). I don't know why I thought it was you that told me (smiling). Yeah, I mean, I saw Cindy. She is so pretty, man (smiling). I saw her and then I like woke up in the middle of the night and saw it and then I just went to sleep and I forgot to check again, so I will definitely look later. I'm kind of confused because wasn't there camping? I I would have never thought of some of those outfits. But okay."

Osaka concluded: "I think the toughest thing about clay it is like sometimes you get uneven bounces because, you know, it's a lumpy surface. Sometimes the balls hit the line and it skids, stuff like that. But nothing really that bad. And I don't know though because I am actually starting to like clay. Grass is like the lowest. Of course, hard is here and then clay could be in the middle now," concluded the world no. 1. On Tuesday, 7th May, Osaka won her opening round at the Madrid Open against Sara Sorribes Tormo 7-6(5), 3-6, 6-0. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Ygya59

No comments