Breaking News

Tomas Berdych set to miss whole clay season as he pulls out of French Open

Czech tennis star Tomas Berdych will have missed the whole 2019 clay season as he has withdrawn from the French Open.

The Czech hasn't played since the Indian Wells Masters due to a back injury. 

Berdych, 33, is set to miss Roland Garros for the first time in a decade and a half. 

The 33-year-old's impressive run of 15 consecutive appearances on the clay of Roland Garros is set to come to an end. 

Berdych's best run at the French Open came in 2010, when he made the semi-final before losing to eventual runner-up Robin Soderling. 

2010 Wimbledon runner-up Berdych is expected to be ready for the grass upcoming. 

"I (have) had to pull out of Roland Garros. I'm not 100 percent ready to play the way I want and need to be competitive on the courts I love so much. I came to Paris to test myself and I had to take a tough decision and wait another few days to fully recover and be ready for the grass season," Berdych said.

"I hate missing a Grand Slam and I love this tournament so much but I have to make sure not to further injure myself and be sure I'm ready for the grass."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/30FtcRi

No comments