Breaking News

Winning French Open is tough physically for Serena Williams, says Henin

In an interview, the former Belgian player Justine Henin commented on Serena Williams' chances in the French Open. Henin said: "You always have to except anything with this girl. She is unique and she knows how to cause an upset when it's needed. But with all the respect and admiration I have for Serena, it's still physically tough. I think that if she wants to beat the Major titles record, she has more chances to do it at Wimbledon."

Can Sloane Stephens or Petra Kvitova and Karolina Pliskova go far? "Last year the American did a lot. I appreciate her nonchalance mood and aggressive gamestyle, sometimes. She has a lot of talent. She played well in Madrid where she lost to Kiki Bertens in the semifinals. In Rome, it did not go too well for her. She still has many chances for this tournament even though she has not had her best year to the career. As for Kvitova, she is the only player who has won two tournaments this year (Sydney and Stuttgart). Her compatriot Karolina Pliskova had ups and down. I do not see her among the favourites."

On the French tennis, Henin concluded: "For guys and girls, it's not the greatest time. It will be complicated for French women. In the French Open, there are many expectations and the pressure is a strong one. Those are very important factors to consider."

On her job, Henin concluded: "I have been an expert over two weeks in the French Open for three years, I give myself shots in the world that was my life but through a different position. My help is mostly about the mental side of a match. I see when a player is struggling, I know what he or she feels. Now not losing focus is complicated. I know it takes a lot of humility like Serena Williams, lose the match, accept it and then react being proud."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Qt993S

No comments