Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: I did not play better in Rome because of my uncle Toni

Rafael Nadal was asked about the key that helped him play in Rome better than what he did in Madrid, Barcelona and Monte Carlo. The Spaniard said: "Feeling good is what helps. But it would be unfair for any member of the team to say that it was due to the presence of my uncle because he was in Rome for two days, but he was also in Madrid and other places. So it would be opportunistic to say he was the determining factor. What happened in Rome is that I have been evolving continuously on clay. And in Rome, it's true that I was able to renew at a high level, better than Madrid. I wasn't able to confirm my level in the semifinals in Madrid, but you have some good moments and bad moments. And in Rome, I had almost only good moments. So we're here now. It's a completely different tournament. I will try to play well, fight well, and enjoy this tournament which is one of the most important ones in my life. Every year is a new challenge. It's more than a new challenge or not, every year is a new challenge. And today I was able to win the first challenge, and after tomorrow I gonna have the second challenge. That's the only way."

On how different the court conditions are between Rome and French Open, Nadal added: "Rome is quite fast. It may be the ball which makes a difference, but if it's sunny and hot, you have a good rebound. And obviously the ball is fast here, but I like it here."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2KehMOL

No comments