Breaking News

Del Potro: 'My match against Novak Djokovic was great'

Juan Martin del Potro opened his French Open run on a good note defeating Nicolas Jarry. The Argentinean player now reached the second round. In a press conference, the 30-year-old said: "I had a slow start because of the weather conditions, because of his game. We never play each other before, and I was trying to found a way of the game. But in the second set, I took control of the match and then I started to play a little bit better. I feel better on court. And then I took all my chances, and I close the match much better than the beginning. Because of the weather and also his game. You know, he made a lot of winners but also a lot of mistakes. I wasn't really solid from the baseline so I tried to put the ball in and see what happen with his shots. But then in a specific moment of the match, I play aggressive, basically in the breakpoints, and I broke his serves many times. I think I need to improve a little bit better because all the matches depend on my game normally but not today. I have many things to improve yet."

"I'm playing tournament by tournament, as I said in Madrid. I finish Rome in very good shape after the Djokovic match. I had a week off to train hard, so I feel a little bit better than Madrid. The main goal to me is trying to stay healthy after this tournament so then I can make a smart schedule on the different surface without thinking about my knee, and that would be much better for my future. I think I surprised myself and all the tennis fans, as well. It was a great match for almost three hours. Very high level for both. In this comeback, I lost two matches already, and both matches had match point. I think I'm playing well at the moment, but my main goal is still the knee, my health. And I'm looking forward to being 100% in the second part of the year, trying to change my goals on tour and if I get that, I will be happy."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2WwPTrM

No comments