Breaking News

I would like to be remembered as the greatest ever, says Stefanos Tsitsipas

In an interview with Socrates Magazine, Stefanos Tsitsipas commented on his off-court character. "I like living in my world. I do not have many, but very good friends in my closest environment. I like spending time with them, but the best part for me is to completely be alone and decide by myself what I want to do. For me, it's very important to be creative and not depending on others. I did not have an easy life at school because I was often alone. Nobody made me get in their friends' group. My bad side is that I was travelling all the time to play tournaments somewhere. I felt some of my classmates were jeaulous with my life. At the time, I tried not to take those things in a too big way and to always keep calm. It was not always easy. I enjoy the moments more than before and on the court, I only care about my game, not the opponent. Everything is in my mind and if I make a wrong decision, then it's my fault. I am never afraid when I play."

Asked how he would like to be remembered, Tsitsipas concluded: "It should be read: the former world No. 1, or even better, the greatest player of all time."

Asked if Rafael Nadal on clay was his toughest rival, Nicolas Almagro replied: "No, I won against him once (laughter). But honestly, my toughest opponent was Federer, because he plays with you and not against you. He is very different. Federer has no weaknesses. For me, Federer is a 100 per cent talent. And when he is on fire, beating him is impossible. But when opponents like Nadal or Thiem play 99.9 per cent of the balls using top spin on his backhand, even he has some issues. It's difficult to find a solution. I think the mental path is the only way to beat Federer."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2KwN1pm

No comments