Breaking News

Novak Djokovic: Losses used to be more painful for me

Speaking to Serbian reporters on Wednesday in Belgrade, after a training session, Novak Djokovic commented on how he went through his loss to Dominic Thiem in the French Open semifinals. "It took me one day, one night exactly to get over it. It used to be a lot more painful, sadness and disappointment were more intense. They‘re still there, but I recuperate way better. Life goes on and I am a father of two kids, I can‘t allow myself to dwell on it too much. Having a family helps me a lot in that regard. I am healthy and I feel motivated and inspired to play tennis for many more years to come."

On the next generation, Djokovic concluded: "Looking at the results in the past few years, Zverev is the leader of a new generation. Stefanos Tsitsipas is right behind, he has the chance to surpass him in the rankings. But not only looking at the rankings, apart from these two. There are a few other players who have demonstrated with their dedication, professionalism and passion on and off the court that they see their goals clearly and that they can be leaders – Denis Shapovalov, Felix Auger-Aliassime and Dominic Thiem, who is a bit older than them though. They are good people above all, success is not only about trophies, but it‘s also about influencing younger generations, having respect towards tennis, colleagues, tournaments, about values… They have what it takes to be champions in every aspect," said the world no. 1.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2ZA3We2

No comments