Breaking News

Hackers stole Simona Halep’s Instagram account to ask fans for money

The Instagram account of Wimbledon champion Simona Halep was hacked on Wednesday and was used to fool her 1.3 million fans into donating considerable amounts of money.

The hackers used Instagram’s story feature to get their messages heard by the Romanian’s large fan base.

The first stories posted by the hackers clearly announced why they hacked the account: "Hey, can someone please help me out...? I am stuck in Switzerland and my bank account is not working here. In need of $500 willing to return $1500 by the weekend! I have a Zelle account!

Venmo is not working here for some reason. Pls stop asking can I take Venmo ... this is so embarrassing!”

The first stories were erased not long after they were posted, but, a few hours later, the hackers hit again: "Hey guys! I'm giving out free Apple AirPods on the next post. Make sure to swipe up and fill out the information. Doing this for my loyal fans."

Simona Halep turned to another social platform, Twitter, to announce her fans about her Instagram problems. “Please ignore the hackers who are currently having fun on my Instagram account. We are aware and @instagram are working on it. Hopefully will be solved asap”

A few hours later Halep confirmed that the problem was solved.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2K0OnWx

No comments