Breaking News

Prajnesh Gunneswaran: My game is not the typical Indian style

Following an opening round loss to Marcel Granollers of Spain at the ATP Newport 250 event in Rhode Island, India’s Prajnesh Gunneswaran spoke about the surface and how his game is different than the other Indians.

“We win some and lose some. It was definitely not my best performance. I’ve got to work on some stuff and hopefully when I come back to the grass season next year, I will have a better run,” Prajnesh said.

Speaking about his match, he added, Marcel Granollers was really comfortable on grass. He showed me in this match how effective it can be if you do the right things on grass as opposed to what I did which was a bit passive and before you know, the match turns and the momentum is gone. It’s a learning curve and definitely an experience, not a happy one but that’s how it goes.”

He further added, “I’ve got to take the positive lessons from that and go forward. My game is not the typical Indian style. The Indian players we are talking about are really good with serve and volley. My game is a bit different but you know if I focus on the right things, I can do well on this surface as well. Hopefully I can continue that trend. Let’s see.”

Speaking about his favourite tournament, Prajnesh commented, Indian Wells. The event also had a big Indian crowd there, lot of support and also I was able to get couple of high profile wins. I went through a lot of matches during that event and showed myself that I could do well at the highest stage. So far, that has been the highlight event for me.”

He ended by giving advice to young guns, saying, “It’s really important to dream big and have large goals and work your way towards them. You should have that attitude of never to give up. I am one of those guys who has showed that because I have been injured for a long time and so I made it pretty late. So if I can do, everyone else can do too.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/30OnHiy

No comments