Breaking News

Venus Williams: I love to be out here with the kids

Former World No.1 and multiple time Grand Slam Champion Venus Williams recently surprised kids at the South Fulton Tennis Center.

"I love to be out here with the kids and the kids enjoy it too. It keeps me motiviated Hopefully we see some future stars come out of this," she said.

"It was like the best thing ever," camper Ranan Givhan told Channel 2 anchor Wendy Corona. Williams is in the town for BB&T Atlanta Open, where she played in an exhibition match over the weekend. "Atlanta is a tennis town. I don't get here too often, but when I do, I try to do as much as I can," Williams added.

With funding required to renovate the city courts, this surprise visit by Williams would surely help in getting funds for the same with the American reiterating the importance of that money. “It only solidifies that this is a facility that is up and coming and has the attention of many," District 3 Councilwoman Helen Willis said.

The experience of meeting the tennis star was simply, “the best thing ever,” said camper Ranan Givhan. “I want to get a college degree, playing tennis, so my parents don’t have to pay and I can make it easier for their lives,” Givhan said.

Williams has committed to play in San Jose later this month, her second straight appearance in the event. The 39-year-old will be a wild-card entry in the tournament.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2YidKbo

No comments