Breaking News

Federer: 'I did not play tennis for ten days after loss to Novak Djokovic'

Roger Federer commented on how he recovered from his five-set Wimbledon final loss to Novak Djokovic. "It's been difficult because on Monday we rented a caravan and my kids wanted to sleep in it and run away. I sat there on Monday night and then I woke up on Tuesday morning and I felt all the pressure had gone away. We had a great time, then came back to practice, fitness, tennis, all things. I wished I had another couple weeks of rest and practice but not complaining because we have one more week in the grass season and one week less on hard. So just happy to be here," said Federer. "I hit the practice court again ten days after the loss in Wimbledon."

The 38-year-old also commented on how he plans to keep playing on Senior Tour once he retires from the professional game: "Like in life, it's important to make it a priority. When it's not a priority, you can go all for a sudden without playing for weeks and months. That's what I am worried about. When I retire, I have to make sure I play tennis time by time otherwise I would not play for a long period of time. The body would be in such a big pain. Anything like ping pong, football, badminton, squash, basketball... I would do all this stuff."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2YQAVPz

No comments