Breaking News

Even if he doesn't sweat, Roger Federer is a human being too - Rubin

In an interview to Tages Anzeiger Noah Rubin commented on what makes Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic so unique and special. The American player said: "The best players faced difficult moments in their life. Even they are humans. Even Federer, although he doesn't sweat, is a human being. I need to find consistency, then I have the game to compete with everyone."

On the keys of the Big Three success, Rubin added: "They have a team behind them. Then winning is fun. And they often win. If you win 80 or 90 percent of matches it helps."

He also asked for changes on the Tour: "First of all, the season needs to be shorter. We need a two-month break. I am 23 years old, but sometimes I wake up and I am 70 years old. It's a problem. I have a complex game, I run a lot, but we should not play in October and November."

On John McEnroe's impact, Rubin concluded: "He thought college was the best route for me. I mean, it's different times now. It's just a more physical game; different aspects to play into it; don't have the too many 18 years old coming up. It's more rare that there are outliers. He thought that was definitely the best path. We haven't spoken specifically about what it's going to be like at school yet, but just felt consulting with my team and just where I was in my game, I thought it was going to be the best route for me to go for a year or two or whatever to Wake Forest."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2NMmKUU

No comments