Breaking News

Koepfer shares his best memories involving Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal

In an interview to the US Open website the German player Dominik Koepfer commented on his great US Open run. Koepfer lost to Daniil Medvedev in the fourth round. He said: "I played in [Louis Armstrong Stadium] the other day, under the roof, which was already pretty cool. It was really loud. Playing on Ashe would be obviously another step, just unbelievable. You watch tennis growing up and see players like Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer winning their titles year after year, so that would be a dream come true."

Reflecting on his past years, Koepfer added: "For me, going to college was the right thing to do. I got a lot better in my junior and senior years of college. When I first started playing professionally, I struggled. I had a hard time winning matches, even in the qualifying rounds of Futures."

Reflecting on his biggest improvements, Koepfer added: "I’m mentally way tougher. I don’t freak out as much anymore. I just feel more positive and know I can hang with all of these guys out here."

On what he does off the court in New York, he concluded: "It is very busy here. Takes forever to get to the courts sometimes during the week, but it has been fun. There’s a lot of dinner spots, but I go to the same one every night: my spot, an Italian restaurant."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2PMPa3M

No comments