Breaking News

Former coach opines on Roger Federer's biggest problem

Former Roger Federer's coach Paul Annacone reassessed the Swiss player's 2019 season. Federer lost to Novak Djokovic in the Wimbledon final, he wanted to win the ATP Finals title in London but he was beaten by Stefanos Tsitsipas in the semis. "Good year and unfortunately for Federer, Nadal and Djokovic are the biggest problem. They are their own barometer. Roger did not win a Major this year, got to the finals, came within a point at Wimbledon but he had a very good year, he is right there with the best players and if you are still three in the world, get to the final in one Major", said Annacone.

Jim Courier added: "He did not get a Major title as he did in the past couple of years but the positive sign is that he is right there knocking on the door, there is no indication of a diminishing Federer right now, obviously he is playing against great competition but he is right in the thick of it, no reason for him to think about anything other full-speed ahead, let's go to Australia."

Federer said: "I am not unhappy with my season, it went well,  I had my chances to achieve much more, there were real moments where I felt that I could go all the way, need to improve that next year. I've got to keep on playing at the level like I have this year, and then I will create some chances. I thought I played some consistent, solid tennis. Got to take care of my body, listen to the signs, work well with the team."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/33WPtLR

No comments