Breaking News

Garbine Muguruza wishes she can play with Rafael Nadal at 2020 Tokyo

In an interview with Eurosport, Garbine Muguruza spoke about the possibility of playing mixed doubles with Rafael Nadal at the Olympic Games in Tokyo next year. Muguruza said: "I would like to pair up with him but I have not thought about it as I did not get in Games mood yet. Olympics are the most special thing for athletes because they happen once every four years and we are all in the same venue."

On her ups and downs, Muguruza added: "I'm working hard to find those results. I think, I mean, the way I'm working hard, like everybody else probably, trying to keep my level. I don't try to compare, but I have a very clear purpose in my mind that I'm trying to follow it, to chase it, to improve, to hold the trophies, and being patient, it's key for that."

On her French language skills, the two-time Major winner said: "I have been living already for almost four years in Switzerland in the French part, and I have, for a long time also, have on my team my trainer, is French, and my coach, as well. So I guess it's now or never."

On possibly playing the Fed Cup, which will take place in a neutral venue, Budapest, Muguruza concluded: "It's a different competition. There is a lot of pressure but we are not alone, we have the team and hopefully one day we will be good like the guys and we achieve them."

Muguruza reunited with her former coach Conchita Martinez, and the duo will resume their partnership again. Under the guidance of Martinez, Muguruza won her second Major, at Wimbledon in 2017 against Venus Williams. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2OvX0fn

No comments