Breaking News

Gerard Pique may not play Barcelona match on Saturday because of Davis Cup

In an interview the FC Barcelona coach Ernesto Vallverde said that Gerard Pique may not start his match against Leganes on Saturday from the first minute. Pique is involved in the Davis Cup organization in Madrid. Vallverde said: “I have talked with him about this issue and I see him as being focused. If I don’t think he’s focused enough someone else will play. If he arrives in condition, he will be on the list. He has issues outside of football. Players are always blamed if they don’t do anything else and only know football. If he travels, you will see if we gave him permission. We have to leave him alone, Saturday we have an important game. We have complicated, difficult matches coming. We have to be focused because from January onwards, we will depend a lot on the results from this month."

Vallverde instead praised Antoine Griezmann: “I look at my team, what matters to me is how I see the team. I know there are many eyes on Griezmann but he is giving us many things in terms of work, goals and clarity of play. We think he can give us more. I think it’s important he has continuity in his daily work and gets playing time. Since his first injury last season against Getafe, trying to get him back quickly has been counterproductive. He’s had several relapses or different episodes with different muscular injuries and hasn’t been able to perform the way he would have wanted."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2qCM9qN

No comments