Breaking News

I will go on court thinking I can beat Rafael Nadal, says Dan Evans

Dan Evans spoke about possibly facing Rafael Nadal in the Davis Cup semifinals. The British player said: "If that happens, it'll be a great atmosphere, I'm sure. You know, hopefully, we're walking on to the court 1-0 up so it makes it a bit more pressure on him. Yeah, I mean, it'll be a great occasion. Yeah, it means I've got to go out there and think I can win that match if I play that match. Yeah, I'll go on the court believing I can win otherwise there's no point in walking on."

On Andy Murray's absence, the captain Leon Smith said: "He could play, but I wouldn't say he's in his best condition, as he said to you guys the other day. He says that's how he's feeling. So we have to keep talking about it And, you, know it's -- I can't say much more than that. It's where he's at right now. We'll have to just keep going each day and see what's needed, or if it is needed, you know. We may go with the same.  I just, again, thought that where Kyle and obviously Evo are at is ahead of where Andy's just now. That's where it is in terms of how he's feeling and whatnot. And when you've got two very, very good players like Kyle and Evo that are ready to go, then that's what we do."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2DbDLBo

No comments