Breaking News

John Isner reacts to finishing in top-20 for 10th consecutive season

American tennis star John Isner admits he is proud to be only one of the four active players who have finished each of the past 10 seasons ranked inside the top-20 in the world on the ATP rankings list. 

Isner, ranked at No. 19 in the world, has had a bit challenging season but still he is set to finish the year ranked inside top-20 for the 10th consecutive season. 

The 34-year-old made two finals this year and claimed one title as he ended runner-up to Roger Federer in the Miami Masters final but won it all in Newport four months later after beating Alexander Bublik in the final. 

Isner, who was heavily plagued by a foot injury in the Miami final, missed three months of action before returning to action at Wimbledon.

The American also made semifinals on three different occasions as he also had deep runs in New York, Delray Beach and Acapulco.

"I’m very proud of that. That’s something that if you would have told me that when I first turned pro I would have laughed in your face. I would have laughed in your face if you would have told me I’d finish in the top-20 just one year," Isner exclusively told the ATP website.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2ONMqiv

No comments