Breaking News

Thiem: 'Roger Federer, Nadal have earned a lot of money, are still hungry'

Dominic Thiem earned $22 million career prize money so far but he plans to stay humble. The Austrian player said: "I have family friends and experts to take care of it, which is a good thing (laughs). I love to go out for a nice dinner. Not having to lock at prices is a real luxury which I truly appreciate. Rafael Nadal or Roger Federer have earned enough money but they are still hungry for success like they were 20 years ago. This is who I am and who I will remain."

In the 2020 season, Thiem added: "I'm pretty sure a new player will win a Grand Slam next year. I consider myself a strong candidate, next to Zverev, Medvedev and Tsitsipas. Of course, I'm hoping to be the one who gets the first slam and, eventually, become number one. That remains the ultimate goal."

One million Austrians sat in front of their TV to watch the ATP Finals championship clash. Does Thiem notice such a hype around you when he is abroad? "I don't notice i as much as when I'm in Kitzbühel and Vienna. But yes, I'm aware of this number and it makes me really proud that so many people are interested in tennis. I have always said that the most important thing about success is that I can use it to inspire others. If it drives more children to start playing tennis, I would be very happy."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/35wJOMX

No comments