Breaking News

Novak Djokovic reacts to crowd supporting Roger Federer in London

Novak Djokovic lost to Roger Federer in a straight-set ATP Finals match, 6-4 6-3, on Thursday in London. The Serbian player was asked by a reporter what he did right and wrong during the match. "It was not much that I did right this match, to be honest. I mean, realistically he was better player in all aspects and absolutely deserved to win. He served great, moved well, returned my serve very well. From his end, I think he did everything right. From my end, I just -- you know, I was just playing too neutral. I couldn't read his serve well. Just a pretty bad match from my side", said Djokovic who also gave his thoughts on the O2 Arena supporting the Basel native: "It was an important match, and I think every time I face Roger or Rafa anywhere in the world, it's a lot of excitement. So it was a full stadium, which was nice to see. It was loud. It was electric. You know, it was a good atmosphere."

Djokovic also spoke about his elbow injury: "I hope it's nothing that will really unable me to play Madrid. You know, the pain was pretty sharp. But I could play the rest of the match, so, you know, if I had something really serious, I think I wouldn't be able to hold the racquet. So it was probably just an awkward, quick movement that I did. It did not pose any form of issues later on."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Of1421

No comments