Breaking News

Roberto Bautista Agut to get married later this month

Roberto Bautista Agut keeps being in London as an ATP Finals first alternate. The Spanish player is training hard ahead of the Davis Cup Finals in Madrid that take place next week.

Speaking to the Spanish press at the O2 Arena on Thursday about Davis and ATP Cups happening over a six-week time, Bautista Agut said: "I would prefer them to be combined. The second one is the same event one month after. They should speak about the system and try to combine it or do it in a different way."

Bautista Agut also spoke about being an alternate in the year-end tournament: "It's not easy, even if it's important to be here because it is one of my goals of the year. But not knowing if you will play is complicated. You need to think you will do it in order not to get there feeling cold. But I am training for the Davis Cup too while three years ago when I came as a second alternate, I was training to go on holidays."

Bautista Agut, who will get married to his girlfriend Ana Bodi Tortosa on November 30, believes his season was a great one: "I felt very comfortable on grass and most of all there. I also thought that next year I would like to play some more tournaments on this surface."

The amazing year he had means he will have to defend many points in 2020: "I do not think it's bad, at the end of the day you try to be at the top and in order to do it you need to win many matches otherwise your level drop. I will try to keep being among the best guys."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2NPirHU

No comments