Breaking News

Zverev: 'Nadal and Djokovic not reaching semis is the biggest surprise'

Alexander Zverev spoke about this year's ATP Finals that feature only Roger Federer among the veterans and three younger players like the German himself, Dominic Thiem and Stefanos Tsitsipas.

"I think it's been not a strange tournament, but the young guys have been playing much better tennis than they were maybe last year.I think the biggest surprise is actually that Novak Djokovic is out of the tournament, because I think for him, this court, the conditions is the best fit for his game. The other thing is the biggest surprise, obviously Rafa Nadal", said Zverev. "Nobody expected him to be out from our group. Our group was very, very difficult, and for me and Stefanos to qualify, I don't think a lot of people would have picked, you know, especially probably me with the year I had. But we played good tennis over the last five days, so that helped us. The tournament is still not over. It's going to be interesting to see who will be the winner. Maybe we'll have the oldest winner of all time. Maybe it's going to be one of the new guys, young guys. Maybe we'll have a first-time winner. We'll see how it goes. I hope it will be a back-to-back for me, but I have a very difficult semifinal tomorrow. So far it's a very, very interesting tournament, I think."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/377uLea

No comments