Breaking News

Roger Federer shares what Matteo Berrettini needs to improve on

Roger Federer spoke about what Matteo Berrettini can improve on. Many pundits think that the Italian has a weak backhand.

The Swiss said: "You're talking to somebody who cannot hit a double-handed backhand. So I'm not the expert of how you improve a double-handed backhand. No, 100% it will improve. It has to, you know, just over thousands of balls being hit into that corner. I actually think he returns good on the backhand side. It's more of a straight shot. And on the forehand side he has the whippy forehand. I think it depends also on what surface you play against him. I think that's why he's actually also good on fast, because I think the backhand works well on fast, and then the forehand works on basically anything but also especially the clay court, you know, probably where he grew up on, and the slower courts. So that's why his game is very versatile. I just think most important, as always, if you improve a shot, with me it was, it was the footwork. You improve your backhand or whatever the shot is through your footwork. I think there he's only going to get faster, only going to get stronger. He'll understand the plays better. He'll know the players better. Of course that's also going to change for next year. The players will know him better, as well. That's why I think next year will be an interesting year for a lot of guys who broke through this year. But it's a good challenge I think for him, and he's already got a lot of great shots in his game, which is a beautiful base to have."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/34WbTwE

No comments