Breaking News

Gerard Pique confident Davis Cup Finals will be a success

The FC Barcelona defender Gerard Pique spoke about the new Davis Cup format that will be introduced in Madrid. Pique said: "I know it will go well because I am an optimistic and positive person. It has been a very long trayectory and now I hope the fans enjoy themselves, it will be emotional and everyone has an unbelievable experience. I hope it will be a big show of tennis and that the final will be decided in the doubles match. Hopefully there will be a clean game in one of the cleanest sports that are there, that it's not too cold and that we will all enjoy it."

The Tournament Director Albert Costa added: "I was able to live the Davis Cup in several ways and doing it in another role is very nice. I am very happy because it's a superb event and being part of the organization is a luxury. I am sure it will be a very big success. It was a big challenge, hopefully everything will be perfect and people enjoy it."

The tennis player Feliciano Lopez, who is the Madrid Open Tournament Director, said: "This event is really unbelievable. I thank Gerard and Albert for investing in tennis. The Madrid crowd loves Davis Cup, we will definitely feel the people's support and hopefully Spain wins."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/372NaJ5

No comments