Breaking News

Stefanos Tsitsipas: 'Holding ATP Finals trophy is horrific'

Stefanos Tsitsipas spoke about his ATP Finals success over Dominic Thiem on Sunday. The Greek player said: "I'm really excited to -- firstly, I was excited to be part of the Nitto Finals experience. For me, it was already a big thing. Now that I'm a champion, I don't know how to explain it. I honestly don't feel anything, because it's too many emotions to feel something (smiling). So it's horrific, in a way, to be holding this trophy. I remember myself watching this event on TV and thinking, oh, these guys have done an insane year to be playing here. And now I'm in the position to be champion, so it feels awesome."

12 months ago Tsitsipas had won the Next Gen ATP Finals in Milan. Asked if benefited from that tournament, he replied: "I would say yes, because gives me the opportunity to play a Masters at the end of the year had a phenomenal -- well, phenomenal, a really, really good year last year. And I came with a lot of confidence in the NextGen Finals knowing I'm one of the best and I can do really well. Left with the trophy. Felt unbelievably excited for the new season because I beat, yeah, the youngest generation of players. I think that gave me a tremendous amount of boost. You know, fresh blood, they are always fighting more and they are new to the game, so for me that was a great first look of how things work and operate in the Masters circle. It's a great combo, isn't it (smiling)?"

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2qaQO37

No comments