Breaking News

Thiem's win over Roger Federer was like a big movie, says agent

In an interview Dominic Thiem's agent Herwig Straka praised the Austrian player's run at the ATP Finals in London so far. Thiem defeated Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer and lost to Matteo Berrettini. He will play the semifinals on Saturday. "Some days ago when the draw took place, the goal of reaching the semifinals was relatively difficult. We still believed in it", said Straka. "Dominic is mentally very strong, he has always been good over the last years, trained very well. The question mark was how to maximise his potential. Now he showed in an impressive way of doing it. He is one of the players to be among the top ten rankings for the next years. Against Djokovic he played one of his best matches in career. Also the match against Roger was a big movie. If you beat two of the greatest players back to back, you will have very positive feelings for the weekend."

Thiem is satisfied with his year: "It was definitely the best season in my career. I won my maiden Masters 1000 which has always been a big goal, and I achieved my childhood dreams with my home wins in Kitzbuhel and Vienna. There were also some bad runs in the Grand Slams." On possibly winning a Major for the first time in his career, Thiem added: "Any of the four tournaments is so special and unique. Probably my chances in Paris are higher."

Asked what he will do once his playing days are over, Thiem replied: "Skiing, because I cannot do it now. I would also like to stay in tennis, maybe start an Academy to help the younger players."

 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Xgi648

No comments