Breaking News

Lack of experience played a role in 2010 loss to Rafael Nadal, says Berdych

In an interview with Czech media, former world No. 4 Tomas Berdych spoke about his 2010 Wimbledon run. Berdych believes that not having had campaigns like that before the tournament played a key role: "The experience was too important. I beat Djokovic and Federer but not Nadal," said Berdych.

On why he never started working with the eight-time Major winner Ivan Lendl, Berdych said: "We often communicated, but it did not work, I respect his decision and I do not speak about it anymore."

The day where he felt he was done: "After coming back from the US Open, I felt inside myself like if a candle had turned off. I no longer had the fire. Even my wife saw I was different, that I had a different sight."

On possibly moving to New York, United States, Berdych said: "It depends on my wife if she wants to do it, if she wants to try, I will be the first to go."

Andy Murray spoke about his regrets about hip injury: "I would have always had to have an operation like this for my hip at some stage but I probably could have delayed that by a number of years had I trained and done things slightly differently and I guess that is stuff, we all look back at things that we did when we were younger and kind of regret them or would have changed things, but I didn’t know that at the time. I know now and hopefully, I can pass on my experience and advice to other athletes who have been through it or are thinking about how they should be training and doing things themselves.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2P4tP29

No comments