Breaking News

Rafael Nadal creates perfect player, including Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic

World no. 2 Rafael Nadal launched his Rafa Nadal Academy in Kuwait 15 days ago, opening a fantastic facility that will improve the level of tennis in the region and create future champions. Besides the exhibition clash with David Ferrer, Rafa spoke about a perfect tennis player, drawing the best shots from his main rivals Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic while also mentioning Dominic Thiem, Andy Murray, David Ferrer, Ivo Karlovic and Gael Monfils. 

"For backhand, I have to go with Novak Djokovic. He is capable of defending very well from that wing and of attacking both down the line and crosscourt, plenty of options during the rallies. I have to pick Roger Federer's forehand, as he takes the ball very early and creates winners from every part of the court. Roger can hit his forehand flat or add some spin; it is a powerful weapon. Ivo Karlovic's serve is the strongest initial shot in the game, I believe. When Ivo is serving well, which is the case in almost every match, the returner can't create any chances. He is very tall, with a proper serve technique that sends the ball far away from your racquet. It is like a penalty in football, only even more difficult. I would choose myself in the segment of determination. I had the right resolution throughout my career after all those injuries that I had to endure.

I was able to keep going and practicing with passion for achieving my goals and to keep fighting in every single match. In terms of fitness, I would go with Dominic Thiem. Gael Monfils must be the fastest player out there and I think Andy Murray has the best shot selection. The talent is essential in that area and when you have a proper technique and options to play defensive tennis or attack, also a solid slice and return, that it makes it easier to make the right decisions during the point. David Ferrer's attitude was right there at the top. He was always improving, both his perspective on the court and his game overall. David was able to do a lot of things very well. Roger Federer has an impressive vision. The inspiration drives him on the court and he is also quick on taking the right decisions at right moments."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2uax55o

No comments