Breaking News

Andreas Seppi explains why he has to adjust his trainings during suspension

Andreas Seppi, 36, says he will have to make some adjustments to his trainings during the Tour suspension as he underlines that he can't be now practicing as hard as he does in the offseason.

The season has been suspended until at least July 13 due to the coronavirus outbreak but there is a good chance that the season won't resume when the current suspension  expires.

Italy has been one of the worst hit nations by the coronavirus pandemic but Italian tennis veteran Andreas Seppi has been spending time in Colorado during the Tour suspension. 

"Snow shovelling, it’s happening almost every week now, and that keeps me in shape for sure. It’s good strength exercise," Seppi told the ATP Tour.

“I can work out at home, I go for runs sometimes. You also can’t work out like crazy like in the off-season because you don’t know how long this is going to last. You can’t practise fully for months, especially at my age. If I was 20 years old, that would be different.

“Maybe Jannik Sinner, he’s 18, if he works out three months heavily I think it’s okay. But for me I like to be a little bit more careful about my body. Of course I try to remain in shape and I do some exercises, but I don’t do it like in the off-season, I do it to maintain a certain level of activity. That’s the most important thing.”

In his last tournament played before the Tour was suspended, former world No. 18 Seppi ended runner-up to Great Britain's Kyle Edmund in the New York Open final.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2KnwJNe

No comments