Breaking News

Simon Graf shares kind Roger Federer experience

Roger Federer biographer Simon Graf has had some great experiences with the 20-time Grand Slam champion. 

One day, while Graf sitting in the cafeteria, he was approached by Federer, who politely asked to join him. 

Former world No. 1 Federer then impressed Graf and his daughter with his kindness.

'"Is this seat free here?' Asks a familiar voice. I'm sitting in the cafeteria of the local indoor pool with my older daughter, and we're both very busy eating our hot dogs. Swimming made us hungry," Graf said in his biography about Federer. "I look up and into the smiling face of Roger Federer, who has stepped over to our table. 'Yes, of course there is still some vacancy here,' I say, both amazed and delighted. He took his two daughters Myla and Charlene to swimming lessons, but he refrained from going into the water himself. Federer always includes my then seven-year-old daughter in the conversation when he senses that she is bored. He asks her what kind of sport she likes the most....He takes her by the hand once when she wants to buy a cake but doesn't want to go alone."

Federer has always been known for his class 

After Federer's long-time rival Rafael Nadal equaled his all-time record of 20 Grand Slam titles, the Swiss showed his class once again and congratulated the Spaniard on his success. 

"I have always had the utmost respect for my friend Rafa as a person and as a champion. As my greatest rival over many years, I believe we have pushed each other to become better players,” Federer wrote on Twitter. “Therefore, it is a true honour for me to congratulate him on his 20th Grand Slam victory. It is especially amazing that he has now won Roland Garros an incredible 13 times, which is one of the greatest achievements in sport,” Federer wrote. “I also congratulate his team, because nobody can do this alone. I hope 20 is just another step on the continuing journey for both of us. Well done, Rafa. You deserve it.”

Nadal was grateful for Federer's kind words.

"Thanks to Roger for the words. As everybody knows, we have a very, very good relationship. We respect each other a lot," Nadal said. "In some ways, I think he's happy when I'm winning and I'm happy when he's doing things well. In some way for me it means a lot, the positive relationship that we have together, because we have been going through a great rivalry for a very, very long time."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/37GrEg3

No comments