Breaking News

It was a shame that Rafael Nadal didn't play Davis Cup, says Bautista Agut

In an interview to Castellon Plaza, Roberto Bautista Agut recalled the Davis Cup semifinals loss by Spain to France happened earlier this year in September. Rafael Nadal was committed to play but had to withdraw due to a knee injury. 'It was a shame that Rafa could not be there because he was a very important person for the team and the ones who went there tried to fight at the best and I had the luck to play a Davis Cup semifinal against France in a 27,000-people stadium and be able to play the match', said Bautista.

Commenting on the new event format, Bautista added: 'I am completely in favour. It's true that the dates are not the ideal ones because it will be at the very end of the year and organizers will definitely try to change it. But this change of format gives us three free weeks during the year and it gives us an unbelievable breath after a lot of long swings.'

Speaking about on what aspects he can improve, he added: 'The goal is to power up the things I do better. You always have things to improve, but you do not have to get crazy, just focus and appreciate the good things you have. I hope to be as less injured as possible.'

Commenting on his biggest title won, the Dubai Duty-Free Tennis Championships by defeating Lucas Pouille in a straight-set final, Bautista Agut concluded: 'It was a great week. I knew that I was playing at a very high level and until that moment these results may not be how I hoped, but the week went very well. I went through tough moments in the beginning but then I calmed down.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2BSt3zN

No comments