Breaking News

Maria Sharapova says tennis players always wake up with pain

Maria Sharapova dealt with several injuries during her career. Around a decade ago she underwent a shoulder surgery and since her doping ban, she has not been able to compete at the highest level due to injuries. Sharapova admitted physical issues are part of the sport: 'Just being able to step on the line and not worrying if you're going to throw your shoulder out at any second, that helps a lot mentally when you're out there. It's a great feeling. I mean, there's no doubt about it. We're all athletes, and it's not like we wake up and nothing hurts. I mean, we're always dealing with little things here and there, but we don't necessarily come out and set up a press conference to announce our little injuries.'

Still, her passion for tennis doesn't change: 'I love competing. I love going out there. I love the moments where you have to, you know, dig deep and find a way to win. For me, that's -- since I was young, that's what it was all about. I mean, unfortunately, I was in those situations where I could have dug deep in Australia and didn't, and you end up losing the match and you're going home. It's tough. But, you know, you still have to go out there. And if you feel you can be better than you were, you are, then I think you should go.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2QAE010

No comments