Breaking News

Marcelo Rios grateful to Roger Federer: 'He is the best ever'

Roger Federer often says that one of his biggest childhood idols was the former world No. 1 Marcelo Rios. In a recent interview, the Chilean player thanked the Basel native for what he said. 'That Federer says I was one of his favourite players makes me feel grateful and happy', Rios admitted. 'With him, I shared my last year in career and I had a good relationship. For me, he is the best ever and it's good that he speaks this way of me. I sent him a mail thanking him for his words.'

The Chilean captain is Nicolas Massu who gets helped from Marcelo Ríos. They are the two most important Chileans. 'They are legends, and all the people interested in tennis know them', said in an interview to La Tercera, Thiem, who will face Chile in February. 'Rios was one of the most talented players on the Tour. I like to see ancient matches on YouTube, so I watched some of his matches. In Austria we also remember well Massu, because he always played well in Kitzbuhel and because he defeated the two Austrian players in the 2009 Davis Cup (Jürgen Melzer and Stefan Koubek).'

Thiem revealed his big goals for the tennis career. 'I dream with winning a Grand Slam title and becoming the world number one player. Those are my main goals that I want to achieve in my career', said Thiem.

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2BqsDiy

No comments