Breaking News

My parents sacrificed their lives for me, says Maria Sharapova

Maria Sharapova was just six years old when the Russian tennis player moved to Florida with her father Yuri. In a press conference, the five-time Grand Slam winner praised her parents for supporting her since a very young age. 'I just think he never really believed that he didn't have much', said Sharapova. 'I think coming from a place where that amount of money didn't exactly mean that you were poor. We were living like a normal family. They could have had a normal job and I could have gone to school and they would have supplied my school and everything around that. But they sacrificed their lives because they saw a talent in my game and they got recommendations from outer people because it certainly wasn't my parents' expertise, the sort of tennis. It was just a fun activity for my dad, and my mom couldn't really care less about it. They made that big decision to go to a country where tennis was a lot bigger, more facilities. 

It's tough. But I think his drive came from the fact that he never really thought that he didn't have much. Even though it was really tough, I think he kept believing that one day he would have more, even if it was one trophy, even if it was one more dollar, one victory over another, yeah.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2E938Wb

No comments