Breaking News

Serena Williams: 'My Daughter Olympia makes me believe in myself more'

On her "Being Serena" documentary Serena Williams commented on how her mentality since when she became a mother for the first time in September 2017 of a daughter called Olympia. Now for Serena, tennis is not the only priority. 'I have been very professional my whole life, and I think Olympia made me change on this aspect. I am like: "Serena, relax". It makes me believe in myself more and relax, and it's strange because she is just a baby, but she does. She makes me realize that there are more important things. I am lucky to live this situation', said the 23-time Major winner.

Serena feels very motivated for what's to come: 'Grand Slams will continue to exist. I could have told myself, "You do not need this anymore". But my story does not end there.'

Serena announced an open letter to Olympia: 'Dear Olympia, you are too young to really know what's going on right now. So mummy will write a letter about today that you can read when you grow. Today is a big day, today is the day mummy goes back to work. It's exciting but it's nerve-wracking too. Mum likes to win, wins are the only way I define myself and I want to stay that way for a long time. Long enough for you to be able to watch me, cheer me on and be proud of me. Whether I win or lose, you are with me out there. The same way my dad, mum, sister stayed with me. Now you and your daddy are my family. You make me stronger, you make me tougher. You make me better. Now let's see what we are able of baby,togetherr.'

In an interview for the "Being Serena" documentary the world No. 3 Caroline Wozniacki commented on Serena Williams's comeback to the tennis after maternity. In Paris before the French Open earlier this year the Dane and her fiancèe David Lee went to Serena's home to see the little Olympia. 'I missed not having her on the Tour because she is always a reference point', said Wozniacki. 'How far can you go, how well can you play. Every time you play her you need to play at your best and you need to up your game. And it improves my level as well. That's great, amazing. To see her back with Olympia, she is amazing. She has a completely different perspective as well. There is something else out there than yourself.'

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2SpMPZj

No comments