Breaking News

Stefanos Tsitsipas reveals what he doesn't like about tennis

In an interview to Il Tennis Italiano during the Rome Open earlier this year, Stefanos Tsitsipas revealed what he hates the most about tennis. This year the 20-year-old cracked the top 15 rankings following some great runs in several events. 'I miss being home, my friends and Greece', admitted Tsitsipas. 'Probably this year I played most tournaments out of everyone and it's complicated because you are always on the road and you live with the bag on your bad. Also, not all the cities are like Rome. There is also another side that just a few people see, uncomfortable places, bad places that you would like to leave just after your arrival. Instead, I would never leave Rome. But they are all things that I already knew: I chose tennis and all that's included in the package.'

Commenting on his off-court passions, Tsitsipas added: 'I am a fan of photography and video, I take these passions in a very serious way. They are an important part of my life. I mean, I am not one of those people who takes a photo with his iPhone, posts it on Instagram and believes he is a photographer. I have a professional camera and I spend hours editing photos. Life is not just tennis, which is and will be my job for the next years, but sometimes I need to disconnect and taking care of other stuff.'

Tsitsipas also revealed an interesting thing about his life: 'I was playing a Futures tournament in Heraklion, in Greece, and with some other couple of friends, I decided to go swimming without noting that the sea condition was so bad. Over a short time, I found myself 25 metres away, and I was little by little dropping down. For the first and only time in my life, I thought I could have died. My father saved me and started to bring me closer to the rive. Now I am not afraid of anything.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Q6lkSp

No comments