Breaking News

Venus Williams accepting illness and continuing is amazing - Serena

Serena Williams admires her sister Venus a lot. Serena is, in some ways, surprised to see Venus continue competing. 'If I were Venus, I probably would have been like, Well, I might just play doubles or I might just do this,' said Serena. 'But her spirit and her, like, it's just amazing because I know what she goes through more than anyone else here, and sometimes she's doing great and sometimes it's different and it's difficult. She might lose matches that she would normally win 10 times out of 10, but to accept that and keep going is really amazing.'

Serena also spoke about how she feels in being in the GOAT conversation: 'When my career started I never thought that I would be even in the conversation of the greatest. Now I don't think of a number too much. Obviously I would like if get to a certain number, but I don't think about it too much because I don't want to be‑‑ I just want to enjoy every moment that I have. You know, every time I win Grand Slams, if I continue ‑ and I will try my best to win more ‑ I just want to have fun with it, so... I think what enables me to win more is the fact that I don't put that pressure on myself.'

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2CgCxoK

No comments