Breaking News

Apostolos Tsitsipas: 'I let Stefanos live dreams'

In an interview to Channel Nine Apostolos Tsitsipas commented on his son Stefanos's success. Apostolos is the 20-year-old's father and coach. Tsitsipas reached his maiden Grand Slam semifinal at the Australian Open losing to Rafael Nadal. Commenting on how to mix the father/coach role, Apostolos said: 'I have to play both roles, my main role is father and during all our life we managed to separate like, when I am out of the court I am his father, and when I am on the court I am his coach. He was very happy about that and he really enjoyed it. I would my role as a father is more important and hopefully me as a father I can create an even better person for the society and if I achieve that, I am complete as a person.'

Apostolos feels emotional when speaking of his son's career: 'I lived with him the dreams. It's very important to let the kids live the dreams, to inspire them and to go for it. In our countries we had a lot of difficulties, financial crisis, we managed to overcome and I knew that if he found the right environment, he would do it. And the Mouratoglou tennis academy really helped a lot in his development.'

On the support Stefanos got from his fans in Melbourne, Apostolos concluded: 'The people were supporting us from the first day, there is a fanbase of Australian Greeks, they still remember and love Greece and meeting us here is like the country is coming to them. It's nice and positive, and he feels like at home.'

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2sQdUJQ

No comments