Breaking News

Australian Open junior winner reveals conversation with Novak Djokovic

Lorenzo Musetti defeated Emilio Nava 4-6 6-2 7-6 (12) to win the Australian Open men's singles junior title. In a press conference, Musetti was asked what he was thinking during the tie-break. "I was not thinking. I was just playing. Like living every point. Yeah, it was a fantastic tiebreak. Also, Emilio played really good and he saved, like, three match points", said Musetti. "Yeah, it was a fantastic tiebreak. Match point, it was, like, unbelievable."

Musetti also explained the challenges he faced during the entire tournament: "I had a lot of pressure since the first rounds, but I got a lot of experience last year in New York. So I knew how to manage the pressure and the feelings of the final. Today was, like, crazy match. The first set was really tough. The second set was really good. He went down a little bit, but the third set was really a fight, and I'm very happy to win my first slam."

Musetti then revealed a conversation he had with Novak Djokovic just after the win: "He just said, Congratulations. He knew that I lost in the final in New York, so he told me, You have a good mental trainer. I just said I learned from you. I gave him, like, good luck for the final and just these words were I really enjoy from Novak."

On his own backhand, Musetti added: "My backhand sometimes can be really good and sometimes can be too defensive with the backspin. It was not easy today, because on Rod Laver, it is a big stadium, you stay like far from the line. So this was the only thing that I haven't like that, so I'm very happy with this because the strategy of the match was to don't go too far from the line, because Emilio plays really aggressive. Yeah, I did it, and I'm very happy."

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Rk8AIr

No comments