Breaking News

I hope Novak Djokovic doesn't win Australian Open final , says Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson wants his seven Australian Open titles record to stay alive. That's why he hopes that Novak Djokovic will not win the Australian Open final over Rafael Nadal. “It doesn’t look too good", Emerson admitted. "I don’t want him to do it. I don’t have that many records to brag about. He’s still young and he can make all sorts of records. I’m trying to get Tennis Australia not to invite them back next time.”

On Nadal, Emerson added: “He hit some running forehands the other day that were remarkable. I’m looking for a great scrap. It’s good to have a final like that.”

"If you’re going recent history, you’ve got to say Novak. I’m not convinced that will be the case. I think the only thing that pushes that to me is the fact Rafa hasn’t had a lot of matches, which is kind of good when you’re coming back from ankle surgery, but you also need some fitness. He hasn’t really been tested. Four, five hours against Novak, it’s a big ask. But I know one player who raises his level when he has to is Rafa, he’s phenomenal at doing that. And he loves a challenge. That’s what I think is really exciting about the final."

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2WoIKai

No comments