Breaking News

I knew I could beat Serena Williams, says Pliskova

Karolina Pliskova headed into the Rod Laver Arena at the Australian Open against Serena Williams being convinced to win. The Czech player, who had lost to Serena at last year's US Open semifinal, said: 'Also before the match, this time I really believed, like, it's still a player, I know she's the greatest ever, but I don't want to put her somewhere where I would not have a chance to beat her. I beat her before. She was No. 1 at that time. I knew I'm going to have my chances. But I had to play well. I think honestly she played much better than when she was playing when I beat her in New York. The match was so much better. There were more mistakes. Maybe she was nervous, it was in States. I always want to give myself a chance to beat anybody, doesn't matter who is there.

Because I was feeling confident all week and a half here. There was no reason why I should for one moment think I could not beat her. I know she was playing great all of her matches. I was watching a little bit. But my game was different than the players which she played before me. I know she maybe is struggling a little bit with this game when somebody is putting pressure on her, too, because she can hold her serve quite easily. If I can hold my serve, too, there is always going to be a chance.'

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Uibijy

No comments