Breaking News

Naomi Osaka: 'At the US Open I didn't know what my capabilities were'

Naomi Osaka reflected on how she changed between the US Open and Australian Open success. The Japanese player feels better mentally and on many levels. Speaking in a press conference after her three-set win over Petra Kvitova in the championship clash, the new world No. 1 said: 'I think US Open because that was the first time I've ever gotten that far. I kind of lacked experience on that. I didn't know what my capabilities were. But I think this time around I was more aware of what I could possibly do. For me, my goals are always winning tournaments. I would assume my next goal is to win the next tournament I play. Like, I'm going to have to play Indian Wells again. Of course, I'd love to win that again and then play Miami and hopefully win that. I think people that can win Indian Wells and Miami back-to-back, it's usually the best players in the world. That would be my next goal. Yeah, I feel like I'm going with the flow. That's sort of been my motto my whole life, so...'

Osaka said: 'To be playing against one of the best players in the world, to lose a set, suddenly think that I'm so much better than her that that isn't a possibility... Yeah, I wanted to enjoy my time here. Last year I lost in the fourth round. Now this year I was in the final, so I wanted to be happy about that, yeah, just basically have no regrets about today.'

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Uk376t

No comments