Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: 'I don't need as many matches as before to play well'

Rafael Nadal had headed into the Australian Open with no official matches in his legs. The Spaniard scored six straight-set wins to reach the final.

In press conference after his win over Stefanos Tsitsipas, Nadal said: 'It is relevant. Is normal that you believe and you have doubts about me, because I have doubts about me. Of course, is not a problem for me. I really understand 100% because I have the same doubts. Is true that if that happens 10 years ago probably will be a much more difficult situation for me because I needed always to be on rhythm, to play good tennis. Since awhile, I understand of course it's better because you feel more confident on yourself. You feel more safe when you are on rhythm. I believe that when you are older, you lose less the tennis when you are playing less. You don't need that many matches to play well. That's something that happened for the last two years for me. Probably one of the reasons is because I am practicing well when I am not competing, then that allow me to be back on action a little bit quicker. That's all. It's not a big reason. Of course, is an issue. Is not easy to be back after four months, five months, and play the way I am playing. Of course, I didn't expect that at all.'

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2DAk6Mv

No comments