Breaking News

Novak Djokovic: 'Some matches against Rafael Nadal made me rethink my game'

In a press conference, Novak Djokovic recalled his epic five-set win over Rafael Nadal in the 2012 Australian Open final. The match lasted five hours and 53 minutes and Djokovic was asked how he would describe this clash to his children who are growing. "I'll probably not have them sit down and watch it because I don't like my children to watch TV that long", said Djokovic. "But I would probably present it in more a general concept of our rivalry.

That match would be icing on the cake. As I said, Nadal has historically throughout my life and career been the greatest rival that I ever played against on all the surfaces. Some matches that we had against each other were a great turning point in my career. I feel they have made me rethink my game. I had some disappointing moments where I lost to him. I think I lost to him nine times so far in the Grand Slams, and I lost some tough matches in finals and semis in French Open and US Open. I won also some great matches. That kind of encounters have also made me the player I am today, without a doubt. These are the kind of matches that you live for, finals of slams, playing the greatest rivals at their best. What more can you ask for? This is where you want to be."

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Uj5Vkj

No comments