Breaking News

Rafael Nadal has a better knowledge about tennis, says coach Carlos Moya

Carlos Moya spoke to the Spanish press ahead of the Sunday final at the Australian Open between Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic.

Is it the best Nadal ever seen on hard court? 'I can speak about what I saw since I am on the team', said Moya. 'You had two tournaments in 2017 Beijing and Shanghai where he played at a very big level. This year in Melbourne he may be playing better. Compared to 2012 and 2013 I think he experienced an evolution as a player, but I don't go on saying if he is better or worse. Now he has a better knowledge about the game. He knows what he is doing more and more and why he does it. He is more aware about the things.'

Until what point could the physical aspect be important? 'It will be important. I saw both of them very well. Rafa is doing well, he struggled less. On hard court he never played as less as now and he had one more day to rest. Two hours per match may have happened to him at the French Open, when he dominated, here it's very similar on this level, but on hard. I think it's good, because we want less fatigue. A Grand Slam is a marathon and heading into the last match in a good condition is very important.'

How is Nadal doing emotionally? 'It's a Grand Slam final and for him, although he already won 17, it keeps being an extra motivation. It's a classic against Novak and it is another important thing.'

How did Moya live the final he played in 1997? 'My situation in Australia was a little different because I did not have many chances to play at these level and the pressure was much bigger. I knew I would not have too many more chances and it influenced me.'

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2RUkGgP

No comments