Breaking News

Sharapova: I don’t know for how long I am going to play on the tour

Maria Sharapova is looking forward to play the St. Petersburg Ladies Trophy this week. The Russian player will face a qualifier in the first round and would then meet the second seed Kiki Bertens. Speaking on Saturday to reporters, Sharapova said: "It still feels somewhat unreal being here in St. Petersburg! We’ve had a great excursion in the Hermitage. I remember a few years ago my mom told me about St. Petersburg, she spent here several days and had quite a busy program. Mom keeps great memories from her stay here, she said lots of good things about the city, museums, people and I am happy I am finally here. I don’t know for how long I am going to play on the tour, that is why it is a unique chance for me to perform here."

About her visit to the Hermitage Museum, and on whether she liked any particular painting, she said, "In general, I liked every chamber as each of them is truly unique. Now we are standing in a very beautiful, gold-ornated and amazing hall. When we have just entered it I was really impressed. As to the paintings, I think I liked Rembrandt best, he has rather interesting canvasses."

Sharapova lost to Ashleigh Barty in the Australian Open fourth round. The 30th seed, the 2008 champion, had upset the third seed Caroline Wozniacki (who was the defending champion) in the third round. 

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2G6xzgv

No comments