Breaking News

Stefanos Tsitsipas: 'Rafael Nadal brings tennis in a new dimension'

In an interview to the Greek press, Stefanos Tsitsipas commented on his Australian Open run, starting to thank his fans first of all. 'Thank you for all the messages you sent me from Greece and abroad, I did not have the chance to reply because I was busy', said Tsitsipas. 'A big hug to all my supporters. It was a big step for Greek tennis and the development of the game in Greece. I am proud that I contributed to this development and I think me and Maria (Sakkari) are able to do many things for the sport and I hope that the following generations will have better players.'

On how it feels to face Rafael Nadal's defensive skills, Tsitsipas, who lost 6-2 6-4 6-0, said: 'I often think about what he will do on return, so I have a lot of things in my mind even before I serve. And we know he has one of the biggest forehands on Tour, he improved his backhand a lot, he hits it cross and down the line. I really ask myself how you can win. You have to give your soul so much that you would not be able to play the following match. It's incredible, a game in a completely different dimension. I never saw it before.'

Tsitsipas, who will become world No. 12 next week, concluded: 'I feel sad that I do not leave with a trophy or a final. But after 0-2 sets I feel that anything I would do, I would never have got the chance to make a comeback. He had found his shots, he was feeling so well on the court, which influences your mentality.'

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2COrcet

No comments