Breaking News

Virat Kohli reveals details behind meeting with Roger Federer in Melbourne

In an interview, the cricket star Virat Kohli described how it felt to meet the 20-time Major winner Roger Federer at the Australian Open on Saturday during the first week's tournament, the day before the Swiss would lose to Stefanos Tsitsipas in the fourth round. "Well, amazing, I have met him (Federer) a couple of times earlier as well. He told me that he met me in Sydney a few years back. The fact that he remembered was like - wow! He told me that he met me in Sydney a few years back when he played an exhibition game", Kohli said referring to 2015 when Federer played the Fast 4 Tennis exhibition event with Lleyton Hewitt.

Kohli was very emotional: “For me, I mean, I can’t explain that feeling. I have seen him play since I was a child and he’s a great, great man, not just a great tennis player. And he kept asking questions, I was like he’s asking me questions? I could speak to him about mindset, how he prepares, what he thinks about his sport."

Federer is currently enjoying some rest at home in Switzerland, enjoying the skiing time. He will be back on the road in late February playing the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championship where he will feature as the first seed.

ALSO READ: Djokovic would beat Roger Federer in Australian Open final - Evert

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2sQNZlu

No comments